Urban & Taylor, S.C. is excited to announce their $1,000 scholarship for current freshman or students who are about to start their first year of college or graduate school. Our personal injury lawyers believe that everyone should have a fair chance to pursue higher education and we want to do all we can to help aspiring students achieve their goals.
We’ve had excellent essays in the past and always look forward to future submissions.
We are currently accepting submissions for Fall 2019. All applications are due Friday, July 12th 2019. No exceptions.
Essay Topic and Instructions
Essay Question: Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
The essay should be a 500+ words. Urban & Taylor looks for the following characteristics in the essays:
- Unique Perspective
Please note that these essays aren’t meant to be scholarly “A+” essays. We’re looking for the essays that stand out from the others because of their thoughtfulness, interesting ideas, and willingness to explore the topic.
Please use MLA to format your essay. Double spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, and citations if you use them.
You agree to us publishing your essay on our blog when you submit it. The scholarship winner will appear on our blog.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
The following guidelines tell you what you need to do to be eligible for the scholarship and how you should submit your application. Failure to meet these guidelines could be grounds for disqualification.
- This scholarship is open to students currently in their first year or are planning to attend their first year of college or graduate school.
- You must prove that you will be attending your first year of school. Provide a digital copy of your acceptance letter that clearly shows the school’s letterhead.
- The school must be in the United States. You must have a United States mailing address by the scholarship due date to be eligible.
- Submit everything in one email by Friday, July 12th 2019.
Your application email should include:
- A subject line with your name and “Fall 2019 Scholarship.” Example: Luke Skywalker Fall 2019 Scholarship.
- Your name, address, phone number, and the name of the school you plan to attend.
- You may include a short bio about yourself and your plans for the future, but this is optional and can be a brief paragraph.
- Attach your proof of acceptance.
- Attach your essay as a .DOCX or .PDF.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that failing to follow this checklist may result in disqualification.
We are eagerly waiting for your essay submissions and are excited to read what this round of applicants write.