Taking care of your car is vital because you can ensure your safety on the road. Many car accidents are caused by preventable factors: speeding, distracting driving, not using a turn signal, and neglecting to keep up with car maintenance is another. When you know something is wrong with your car, you can fix the problem and not worry about having an issue while you’re driving.
Car accidents happen every day and can hurt many people. If you’ve been in a car accident, there are probably many overwhelming questions in your mind. You’re wondering about injuries you’ve sustained, who was at fault, and may start to worry if you’re going to have to miss work as part of your recovery. Dealing with the car accident claim and insurance companies is enough to make anyone anxious about handling the aftermath of an accident.
It’s important to know what you’re not alone and can seek legal options. A Milwaukee car wreck lawyer from Urban & Taylor will work with you to get compensation for your injuries and damages. We’ll help you start your path to recovery and give you peace of mind that someone is looking out for your rights.
5 Warning Signs Your Car Could Cause an Accident
You don’t have to be a car expert to recognize the danger signs that could lead to an accident in your vehicle. Keeping a watchful eye on your car and noticing when something seems off with the driving usually indicate that you have a problem. Pay attention to these five signs to keep your car safe and in top shape:
- Worn-Down Tires. Your tires aren’t meant to last forever. They have treads that grip the road, but over time they wear down. When this happens, you have less control over your vehicle because the tires can’t grip the road as tightly. You could also experience a tire blowout and lose control of your car.
- Noisy Brakes. Brakes aren’t supposed to make squealing noises. When they do, your brake pads are most likely worn down and need to be replaced. Ignoring this is a dangerous move because you won’t be able to stop your car as quickly.
- Maintenance Lights. If a maintenance light is showing on your dashboard don’t ignore it. Signs like Service Engine show up for a reason. This could apply to an engine issue, electrical issue, transmission issue, etc. When your car is letting you know something is off, you should act quickly to get the problems solved as soon as possible. Pretending the light isn’t going off could lead to losing control of your vehicle and causing an accident or the car dies on you and leaves you stranded on the road.
- Misalignment. Your wheels need to have the correct alignment so your car doesn’t drift. If you notice the alignment is off, take it to a mechanic. Having misaligned wheels could also lessen your control of the car.
- Suspension Issues. There are a few ways to tell if your car’s suspension is off. If you car pulls to the side, has a low corner, or you have trouble steering, your suspension probably isn’t correct. Suspension problems will give you less control of your car and could cause an accident.
If more people recognized these warning signs, they could potentially reduce the number of car accidents and make the roads safer for everyone—potentially saving lives. These tips are easy to see and a professional mechanic can fix them for you.