When you’re involved in a car accident, your first thoughts may go to wondering if you’re okay. Car accident injuries can be devastating and keep you from living your everyday life.
Recovering from a back injury may mean that you will have to take time off from work. Some people are overwhelmed at the thought of not being able to depend on their regular paycheck. Others may worry about what their employer or coworkers think of them for taking off work. But you need to make your health and well being your first priority.
A skilled Wisconsin car accident lawyer from Urban & Taylor can help you with your car accident claim. With Urban & Taylor at your side, you can rest assured that someone is looking out for your best interests. Your compensation could help cover any medical bills from the past and including bills for future rehabilitation or other treatment methods. You also won’t have to stress about missing work. This financial cushion will give you a clear path to letting yourself heal.
Car Accident Back Injuries
There are several ways your back can get hurt in a car accident. Unfortunately, some of these injuries can be permanent or painful. You will need plenty of time to recover if you sustain a back injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Your spinal cord can be bruised, which would likely cause injuries that wouldn’t have permanent consequences. But injuries involving lacerations or the spine is severed could result in limited mobility or paralysis.
- Fractures. You can get compression fracture in your spine from the impact of a car crash. The force of the crash will push your body forward, but your seatbelt will restrain you, which can result in injuries.
- Injured Discs. A car accident can cause herniated discs. This is when the center of the disc is pushed through its exterior. Nerves around the herniated disc can become irritated.
What Are Symptoms of Back Injuries?
It’s important to be aware of how back injury symptoms feel and look so you can tell if something is wrong. When talking to a medical professional, don’t leave any symptoms out or try to downplay what you’re feeling.
Common back injury symptoms are:
- Pain in your back, shoulders, and neck areas.
- Feelings of numbness or tingling on your skin.
- Issues with mobility or motion.
- The area is red or inflamed, or there’s a bump.
After a car accident, you should get medical attention as soon as possible, even if you don’t think you’re injured. It’s possible that you may be experiencing shock and it’s covering symptoms of your injuries. Some injuries may not present themselves until a few days after the accident. Waiting to go to the doctor will allow the injuries to worsen.
You also put your claim in jeopardy when you wait to see a medical professional. If you allow your injuries to worsen, you may not get full compensation. Taking care of your health is the most important thing and you will help your claim in the future.