When individuals who have been injured on the job come to our lawyers at Urban & Taylor, S.C. or give our Milwaukee office a call, they are concerned about getting the proper medical treatment, paying their bills, and getting back to work. These individuals depend on worker’s compensation, but the unfortunate reality is that sometimes they need a lawyer’s help to get the benefits they are entitled to.
Wisconsin’s worker’s compensation laws make it far more difficult to receive benefits than it should be. That’s why our lawyers have proven experience in handling work injury compensation cases for injured Wisconsin residents. Over the last 20 years, our attorneys have helped hundreds of employees succeed with their claims. We can help you, too. With the help of a skilled Milwaukee, WI worker’s compensation lawyer, you can continue to provide for your family.
Obtaining Worker’s Compensation in Wisconsin
Work injury compensation rules are designed to protect and compensate employees for injuries or disabilities sustained on the job. In Wisconsin, these rules are governed by what is known as a no-fault law. This means that when you are injured on the job while working in Wisconsin, your employer’s insurance company must pay your medical bills and lost wages even if you’re partially or fully at fault for the accident.
Your employer will generally have a predetermined insurance carrier that will examine your claim and determine the amount that will be paid to you. Like most insurance carriers, however, they will be mostly concerned about profit and saving your employer as much money as possible. This means that they will likely do everything they can to stall the claim process, lower the payments due to you, or avoid making payments altogether.
These insurance agencies know the legal rules and what loopholes they can take advantage of to avoid paying you what you deserve. They won’t hesitate to use these loopholes to reduce your compensation or even deny you benefits completely. To protect yourself and ensure that you get the maximum compensation, you need someone on your side who will work to protect your rights.
How Can a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer Help Me?
At Urban & Taylor, S.C., our services are focused on protecting your rights and getting you the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are ready to do just that. Here are a few examples of how a Milwaukee, WI worker’s compensation lawyer from our firm can help:
- Getting claims admitted by insurance carriers so that the injured worker will receive benefits in a timely manner.
- Helping injured workers receive wage loss benefits in the full, correct amount to help them continue to provide for their families.
- Assisting in getting you the medical treatment recommended by your doctor (many insurance carriers will try and insist that recommended treatments are unnecessary).
- Helping you get fair reimbursement for your mileage to and from your treating physicians and therapists.
- Making sure you receive a fair evaluation of your permanent impairment and that you receive benefits to compensate you for your losses.
- Seeing that you are compensated for any future loss of earning capacity that you may have suffered.
- Seeking compensation for any disfigurement or scarring caused by your injury.
You can be sure that none of these goals will align with the goals of your employer’s insurance agents. When you go up against an employer’s work injury insurance department, you need someone on your side who will fight on your behalf.
Finding a Trusted Milwaukee Worker’s Compensation Attorney
If you have suffered from a work-related injury, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Urban & Taylor, S.C. today. Call or e-mail us with your questions. Tell us about your accident. If you are not getting the benefits you need and deserve, we want to help and can pair you with a Milwaukee, WI worker’s compensation lawyer who is well-versed in Wisconsin laws and will get you the compensation you and your family deserve.