2017’s Top Product Recalls
When you purchase a product, you expect it to work and be safe to use. Products should go through testing to ensure their safety, should be made with safe materials, and have clearly labelled warnings if they need one.
But this isn’t always the case. Sometimes, a product wasn’t made safely or to the highest quality, and poses a threat to those who use it. If this has happened to you, it’s important to know that you aren’t alone. The product liability lawyers at Urban & Taylor in Wisconsin handle product liability cases and can help you get the compensation you need.
What Products Have Been Recalled in 2017?
Lists from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and the FDA 2017 Recalls, Market Withdrawals & Safety Alerts show reports of recalled products, starting with the most recent.
- Milk Products. The following products had undeclared milk ingredients, which means that people with severe dairy allergies could purchase the products thinking they were safe. Dark chocolate almond products from DSD Merchandisers, Inc., dark chocolate products from CVS Gold Emblem, Ocean State Candy, Hannaford Excellent, Market Basket, and Weigels all failed to declare the milk ingredient.
- Vegetable Products. The following vegetable products have contaminants that make them unsafe to eat. Taboule Salad from Haig’s Delicacies LLC was recalled for containing Escherichia coli. Salad kits and stir fry mixes from CP Fresh, fresh vegetable trays and cups from Albertsons, Safeway Vons, and Pak’N Save, and broccoli florets from Just Cut had Listeria monocytogenes.
- Medical Products. The Midazolam Injection, USP Prefilled Syringe from Fresenius Kabi USA was recalled because it was mislabeled and contains the Ondansetron injection. Pain and itch relief products from Ridge Properties DBA Pain Relief Naturally were recalled because of violations to the current good manufacturing regulations.
- Children’s Clothing. There is a strangulation hazard from a drawstring in the Children’s Rain Ponchos from JW Crawford. Little Mass Children’s Sleepwear by Mass Creation, Children’s Sleepwear by Dondolo, and Children’s Sleepwear by VIV & LUL all fail to meet the Federal Flammability Standard and should not be used.
- Off-Highway Vehicles. General Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles from Polaris were recalled due to a crash hazard. The steering wheel shaft can detach while it’s in use, and the driver will lose control of the vehicle. Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles by Arctic Cat were recalled because the heat from the exhaust can melt the plastic between the driver and passenger seat, causing a fire hazard.
- Baby Products. Baby Gyms by PlanToys contains a strangulation hazard and use should be stopped immediately. Infant Motion Seats by Fisher-Price has a fire hazard because the motor housing can overheat. Stop use immediately.
- Fire Extinguishers. Fire extinguishers by Kidde can fail to activate, and the nozzle can detach at a force that causes an impact hazard. Scuba Diving Regulators from Diving Unlimited International can malfunction and the user could face a drowning hazard. Frontier Wood Chippers by John Deere contains wood chipper’s knives that can break and discharge, posing an injury hazard to those who use it.
Do You Need a Milwaukee Product Liability Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has been hurt because of a product, you might be able to recover damages with a product liability claim. When you stand up against bigger corporations, you hold them accountable for their mistakes. Your actions might encourage others to stand up for themselves, or make the corporation have stricter policies on what can or cannot be sold to people.
Urban & Taylor is ready to help your product liability claim, no matter how difficult it gets. We’ll work to get you compensation and peace of mind.
Call us today at (866) 720-7232 for a free consultation.
Questions to Ask Your Doctor After a Car Wreck