The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Fun in Milwaukee – 2017 Edition
It’s Christmastime in Milwaukee! That means it’s time for snow, evergreen trees, presents by the dozen, holiday carols, and plenty of joy and cheer. And, if we’re honest, just a fair amount of stress. This holiday season, the legal team at Urban & Taylor, S.C. has decided to put together a guide highlighting some of the best holiday events, shows, festivities, restaurants, bars, local gift stores, and Christmas tree farms Milwaukee has to offer. We’re hoping to make this holiday season just a little brighter for everyone.
So, take a breather, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate (or spiked eggnog if that’s your preference!) and pick out a few events to enjoy below. If you feel we’re missing anything, by the way, drop us a note. We’re happy to make any suggested changes or additions.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
Our Favorite Milwaukee Holiday Events and Shows
There’s no shortage of fun holiday events, light shows, concerts, and plays happening in Milwaukee throughout the season. We’ve listed some of our favorites below:
- Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival – Running from Nov. 16th – Jan. 1st – Multiple events.
- Rudolph The Musical – Taking place from Nov. 25th – Dec. 31st at the Todd Wehr Theater. Special Grandparents’ Holiday Brunch on December 18th.
- Slice of Ice – Outdoor ice skating at Milwaukee County’s Red Arrow Park in Downtown Milwaukee. Runs from Nov. 29th until the Spring thaw.
- Christmas in The Ward – Huge holiday event in historic Third Ward on Dec. 1st and 2nd. Tree lighting ceremony, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, holiday bands, dancers, shopping, treats, and more!
- Deck the Streets of Old Milwaukee – Experience the streets of Old Milwaukee decked out in Victorian-era holiday decorations. Decorations will be up from Nov. 18th through Jan, 29th.
- Breakfast with Santa – Share a jolly breakfast with Santa and his elves at the Pfister Hotel and ballroom. Multiple dates throughout December.
- Breakfast & Lunch with Santa at the Zoo – Enjoy a meal with Santa and his elves at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Multiple dates in December.
- Festivus One Mile Run- 5,280 “Feats” of Strength – Brady Street Festivus celebration on Dec. 2nd featuring a one-mile run and free beer.
- Christmas Around Milwaukee Bakery Bus – Holiday bakery bus tour– complete with cookies! Multiple dates in Dec.
- Christmas in the Basilica – Christmas concert at the Basilica of St. Josaphat. Dec. 8th through 10th. Featuring the Bel Canto Chorus.
- An Old World Christmas – Dec. 2nd and 3rd at Old World Wisconsin. Travel back in time to visit the 1880s Crossraods Village decked out in holiday greenery. Horse-drawn bobsled rides, live brass carols, and encounters with St. Nicholas and Santa Claus.
A Christmas Carol – The famous Dickens classic, running from Nov. 28th to Dec. 24th at the Pabst Theater.
Our Favorite Local Stores for Gift-Giving Options
Milwaukee has some of the best local shops and boutiques that are ideal for picking up presents for everyone on your list. Here are just a few of our suggestions:
- Antiques on Pierce – The largest antique mall in southeastern Wisconsin – 2 floors and over 200 antique dealers.
- Clinton Street Antiques – Vintage antique store in the Walker’s Point neighborhood, situated near some of the area’s best restaurants and cafes.
- Farm Girl Art & Antiques – Art gifts and antiques. Part of the 2017 Annual Christmas Fantasy House event where visitors can take a tour of the vintage-styled house as well as browse holiday boutiques.
- Boswell Book Company – Local bookstore on Downer Ave. Local authors, guest speakers, book clubs, events, and more.
- Milwaukee Home – Be proud of where you come from! Milwaukee and Wisconsin-themed apparel and home goods created by the community of Milwaukee itself.
- Access Boutique – Local jewelry, handbags, and other fashion accessories.
- Sparrow Collective – Handcrafted apparel, art, gifts, and more. Featuring 100+ independent designers and artists. DIY classes and workshops, too.
Our Favorite Bars and Restaurants for Holiday Cheer
Milwaukee has a ton of fantastic food and drink options for spending the night on the town after a busy day of visiting with friends or shopping for gifts. Here are just a couple of our favorite local venues:
- Bavette La Boucherie – A modern rendition of a neighborhood butcher shop– specializing in locally-raised meats and local artisan products including relishes, pickles, jams, and Wisconsin cheeses.
- Calderone Club – Restaurant situated downtown that serves up handcrafted pizzas, pasta dishes, steaks, and more. Has an extensive wine/beverage menu as well.
- Odd Duck – Located in the bay view area of Milwaukee, Odd Duck features an ever-changing menu that’s inspired by local ingredients and world cuisine with great options for vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike.
Where to Buy a Fresh Cut Christmas Tree in Milwaukee
No holiday season would be complete without a freshly-cut Christmas tree, complete with its tantalizing aroma of winter and evergreen. Tree-shoppers have quite a few options in Milwaukee– here are a couple of our favorite Christmas tree farms:
- Buffalo Bill’s Christmas Trees – Located in Franklin, Wisconsin, Buffalo Bill’s Christmas Trees is a tree farm that lets you chop down your own tree this holiday season.
- Evergreen Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Tree farm located in East Troy, WI.
- Valley View Tree Farm – Family-ran tree farm.
From everyone at Urban & Taylor, S.C., we wish you a very Merry Christmas, a happy New Year, and a wonderful holiday season!
Be Safe and Drive Safely This Black Friday